That night, Christina invited me to a pro soccer game. From my recollection, I have never watched a full game of soccer. I also had no clue about rules and basics about how to play. The fans were very intense. There were pre-written cheers and many of the fans stood up. Of the standing up fans, most stood on the bleacher seats! With less than fifteen minutes in the game, the elements let loose and we had to escape inside the stadium to avoid lightning. After a half an hour we were back on the bleachers. This time I joined the crazy fans and stood on the bleacher seat.
On Friday night, Camille, a friend of Camille's, and me went to see Ratatouille. It was excellent. The story moved along, all ages enjoyed, the main characters were likable, and I actually wanted to cook afterwards.
Moving on to Saturday. Camille and I went for a beautiful walk around Royal Lake. We both tried out our jogging course skills on the exercises around the lake.

The best day was Sunday. After church I went to brunch at Clydes with Opa, Oma, Uncle David, and Shea. It was wonderful to hang with family and eat great food. The climax of the day was going to see Phantom of the Opera at the Kennedy Center. The Kennedy Center has a fantastic view of DC from the terrace. Camille and I strolled the whole terrace before going to the opera.

2 comments:
what a fun weekend!
I can't wait to get the post-4th update!!!
Wow - you are fully enjoying your DC life. I am very happy for you -- and just a little green! But I will be there next week and we can have some adventures together!
Post a Comment