
It was a perfect day in Virginia for fireworks and play. Camille and I met Uncle David and Shea at the Spy Museum in the afternoon. It was so much fun. We each took an alias and entered into the museum to learn more about how spying works, famous spies and much more. After finishing the museum, I was much more watchful of what went on around me. After the long afternoon in the Spy Museum, we went to get dinner North of DuPont Circle at a Fish Market Restaurant. I got an Arctic fish that tasted similar to Salmon. It was delicious. The next order of business was to get to Washington Monument. Unfortunately, right before we were leaving the restaurant it started to rain. It continued as we walked. After making it only a few blocks, the rain started pounding down. We sought shelter under an awning of a nearby building. We waited out the hard rain and then continued to Washington Monument. We got excellent seats on the grass fairly close to the fireworks. It was also a little to close to the loud live music being played by a country singer. Alas, everything can't be perfect. The fireworks were welcomed with the National Anthem and then had accompinant music during the whole show of good American tunes. The traffic afterwards was insane. The metro stop was flooded with people. After waiting in a massive crowd for twenty minutes without really moving, Camille and I decided to walk to the last orange line metro stop in DC, Foggy Bottom. That walk was so enjoyable, we decided to walk to the Rosslyn metro. This was a bad idea, but unfortunately was not realized until our sore muscles arrived at the metro.
1 comment:
How much fun. I've always wanted to go to the Spy Museum. Sounds like it was worth the price of admission... Oh and I love your new look!
Post a Comment