Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Niagara Falls and Canada

Niagara Falls is just water, but amazingly wowed me as I came home with tons of pictures of it. I guess that it has to do with God's amazing creation. There are two falls, the Canadian Falls and the American Falls. I thought the Canadian much prettier and more impressive than the American Falls. The American Falls borders on being really, really steep rapids. The Canadian Falls however was horse shoe shaped with water cascading down with no interruption. The pictures where I am really wet is from taking a boat close to the Canadian Falls.



After spending Friday afternoon/evening and Saturday morning at Niagara Falls, Camille and I ventered over into Canada. I drove to Toronto in km/hr on the QEW, that pretty much was the only difference I found in Canada from the US. When we arrived in Toronto, Camille and I wandered around the city before deciding to be a little different and venture into the Hockey Hall of Fame Museum. It was strange for me considering I have only attended one hockey game in my life and really do not care either way about the sport. Camille liked it and tried on her favorite team's jersey. We took a picture with the Stanley Cup and then left. Camille and I dined in a small city (Burlington) near Lake Ontario. After walking the boardwalk, Camille and I headed back to the states. Getting back into the U.S. took a little longer than getting into Canada. We were questioned on specific things we did in Canada, how we met, where we were born, what state my car was registered (this one confused me, because the security person first went and looked at my plate before asking!?!), how we were financing our one day in Canada, and so forth. I was so happy to get through that interrogation in one piece.



The last day of the trip was spent finding a beach front for Lake Erie and driving home. We came upon a beach front, but it was private. Thankfully, the owner was very nice and allowed us to walk out onto her beach for a half-an-hour. While sitting on the beach, Camille asked me if the lake was fresh water. To prove to her it was, I went an stuck my tongue in the water. For all readers, Lake Erie is fresh water.

1 comment:

Simple Joys said...

Canada sounds lovely. I would love to go their with your Dad. The hassel at the border doesn't even bother me - as long as we can get back in! That is one of the signs of a great country. Do people want in or out. They want in to the USA!