Wednesday, August 8, 2007
Night Life is Overrated
I experienced DC Night life last Saturday. The evening didn't start until 10 PM! I met two of my soccer teammates at the Front Page in DuPont Circle. The bar was very noisy with music and people yelling. I understand the yelling. The only way to talk was to yell in each others ears. It definitely was not like how the media shows nightlife. After hanging out there for an hour or so, we headed over to a different place that had dancing, Lucky Bar. After being in the place only a few minutes, I saw a girl that had passed out. It was very sad. It was fun to dance a little, one guy there danced very similar to the really funny guy in Hitch. After the evening was over, I had no desire to repeat that experience. It was not easy to get to know people, which is the main reason I went and my ears were ringing afterwards from all the loud noises. So, do not believe the movies, Night life (the bar/dance club scene) is not cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Definitely not cool. The passed out girl is downright scary. Hope your ears are all recovered! You have never really liked loud music - I remember taking you out of the DC Talk concert because of the loudness of the music!
night life is certainly its own beast. I never enjoyed it when I was in Spain. I've always much preferred sleep at those times!
Post a Comment