Sunday, June 17, 2007

Summer is here and the bugs are biting

It reached the 90s today. In Phoenix, 90s are not to bad, but in Virginia the humidity makes the weather miserable. The rise in heat also brings my least favorite insect, the terrify, pain inducing, mosquitoes. I received my first bit yesterday. Unfortunately, the bite is on my foot. Itchy pain went with me each step I took today.

3 comments:

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

I'll have to find the name, but my in-laws had a not-to-bad smelling insect repellent that I used every couple of hours while I was back there. As a result, I only received 8 bites after a long weekend down at the lake!

I learned that it is important to keep putting it on...

Simple Joys said...

!Our Arizona "bugs" are ugly - scorpions and tarantulas. But they really don't want to bite unless you irritate them. Of course those white gnatty bugs are irritating - because they fly in your mouth. But they have not appeared this year. :-)

Mrs. Miller said...

Poor Ev! Supposedly, eating bananas discourages mosquitos. They don't like the potassium.