Tuesday, May 6, 2008

An Earthquake, Oh my!

At 1:30 today, I experienced an earthquake. The epicenter was less than two miles away from where I work. The funny thing is I really didn't feel anything. I just heard a loud BANG!

4 comments:

Mrs. Miller said...

What? There are earthquakes in Virginia??

Joyface said...

Yep! Not very often and not very big.

Anonymous said...

There was one here (centered in Ill) while we were in AZ but several aftershocks over a couple of weeks. Then last week we had another with the center only a few miles from here -- a new fault. I never felt anything either. There was one when I was in nursing school & we were hanging out our window on the 10th floor & you could see & feel the building moving. Weird feeling. Vicki

Heather@Cultivated Lives said...

Cool... -as long as they are little one's! I remember experiencing two in Guatemala.