It has been a long time since I last wrote. Work was insane last week. All the engineers were out of the office on Thurday and Friday, which normally would not be a problem. Last week just happened to coincide with a deadline. On Friday, I spent most of the day on the phone, e-mail, and pulling out my hair. Thank the Lord though, the drawings got out on time and my boss was happy with my work. He even laughed at my frustration, which in turn caused me to laugh. With that said, I had two wonderful trips to DC that week.
On Tuesday night, I discovered a new form of art in Shin Tanaka.
He was at the Kennedy Center for the Japanses Culture month. To look at his creations go here: http://shin.co.nr/ The are amazing mostly because it is just paper and glue. These are his part time work. He actually has a real job! When work slows down, I want to try my hand at making one.
He was at the Kennedy Center for the Japanses Culture month. To look at his creations go here: http://shin.co.nr/ The are amazing mostly because it is just paper and glue. These are his part time work. He actually has a real job! When work slows down, I want to try my hand at making one.The real reward for me was Saturday. I told myself if I could make it through the week I would visit the American Art Museum & National Portrait Gallery to look at the Katherine Heburn special exhibit. The two friends that went with me also wanted to check out another special exhibit, RECOGNIZE! Hip Hop and Contemporary Portraiture. This exhibit was fasinating considering I do not know much about the culture and art of hip hop.
1 comment:
That Japanese art is pretty crazy looking.
Post a Comment