Thursday, October 11, 2007

The delema of Illegal Imigration

I find illegal immigration a huge problem. On one hand I don't think our country should accept illegal immigrants, but on a personal level, I find it difficult to send them home. What are we to do with all the illegals in this country? Because we accepted them for so long, they now think they have equal rights with citizens. In Prince William County, which is next door to the county I live in, they recently passed a resolution to deny services to illegals. Many of the illegals aliens were upset, because they have lived in the area for quite a while and believe they have every right of a citizen. Up to this point, they have been given every right as a citizen. I dearly hope that I can have a gracious and loving attitude towards those who are here illegally while still allowing my government to protect the interests of the citizens and legal aliens.

3 comments:

B said...

use them to feed the hungry!

Anonymous said...

Don't forget that these illegals DO NOT pay taxes like every other legal citizen of this country. I think it's great that they aren't getting these services because why should I pay for them to have these services when they don't contribute to the system that makes said services available in the first place!

Mrs. Miller said...

Some illegal aliens do pay into the system because they are employed under stolen social security numbers. Even then, however, our country maintains order through the rule of law. Illegal aliens don't play by the rules by coming over here even if they pay into the system. Odd, then, that they should demand the benefit of a legal system that they do not even respect.